Vietnam electronic Visa is an electronic travel authorization from the Vietnam Government for up to 30 consecutive days, issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The e-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Vietnam for any of the following reasons:
- Visiting relatives/friends
- Official Visit
- Labor, Employment
- Office, Organization of Economy, Culture, Technology, Non-Government
The procedure of the application to get an electronic visa for foreigners to entry and exit Vietnam.
The procedure that provides electronic visa for foreigners has been applied for the trial purpose by Vietnam Immigration Department since January 1st, 2017. The electronic visa is only applied to anyone who travels in Vietnam for less than 30 days.
1. The conditions to provide electronic tourist visa for foreigners include:
– Passport requires at least 6 months validity.
– To be a citizen of countries and territories which are in the trial list to provide electronic visa in 2017 and 2018.
– The foreigner is not prohibited and restricted for entry following Vietnam’s regulations.
2. The procedure enumerated in the application for providing an electronic visa for foreigners
– Step 1: Access on the website address for online electronic visa application of Vietnam Immigration Department
– Step 2: Enumerate online personal information, entry information,… following an available displayed form on the website, and to confirm the accuracy of information.
– Step 3: Pay online visa fees by online payment tools Visa Card or Master Card
– Step 4: After 2 or 3 days, Vietnam Immigration Department will send an email a word file to the person who applied to get a visa. The word file is an electronic visa.
– Step 5: The person, who applied to get an electronic visa, prints the electronic visa file and completes the procedure of electronic visa application.
– Step 6: When entering in Vietnam, the foreigner presents their passport and visa at a place where they implement exit/entry procedures.
The supply of electronic visa is an important innovation in administration affairs in the process of implementing electronic government in order to simplify administrative procedures on information technology-based.